- Wash your hands with a mild, unscented liquid soap (Dial or Softsoap) before ever touching your tattoo.
- Leave tattoo bandaged for at least 4-5 hours (or over night if evening appointment).
- Immediately shower after removing bandage.
- After you wash your hands, gently wash your tattoo (under warm-hot running water) using only your fingertips, and mild unscented liquid soap. Keep washing it gently until any ointment, excess ink and dried blood/plasma are completely removed from the tattoo. Rinse your tattoo with cold water.
- Gently pat the tattoo dry with a clean paper towel then let it air dry. Do not wipe it.
- Continue to clean your tattoo 2-3 times daily for the next three weeks (or until it's completely healed). Do not excessively wash it.
- In-between washings, it is recommended you apply a cold compress or ice pack for a few minutes 2-3 times daily.
- After 2-3 days you may begin to apply (with clean hands) a small amount of very mild, unscented lotion. We suggest Eucerin, Cetaphil, Aveeno or natural Cocoa Butter.
- With clean hands, apply a very small amount of lotion to your tattoo. Massage it in with your clean finger tips and blot off any excess with a clean, dry paper towel.
- Continue this process (just enough to keep your tattoo from drying out) daily until your tattoo is completely healed.
- Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
- Do not wear tight, restrictive or abrasive clothing over the tattooed area. Try to wear a comfortable, loose fitting and soft material such as cotton.
- Do not scratch your tattoo if it itches. Gently pat, or apply lotion.
- Do not ever pick at your tattoo.
- Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight or tanning booths for at least three weeks.
- After your tattoo is completely healed, use a 30 SPF (or greater) sunblock anytime your tattoo is exposed to direct sunlight. This will keep your tattoo from fading.
- Do not soak in hot tubs, baths, swimming pools, freshwater, saltwater, or saunas for at least three weeks.
- Do not listen to your friends on how to heal your tattoos.
***It is normal to experience a little redness, tenderness, swelling, scabbing, bruising and/or peeling after you get a tattoo. However, If you notice any abnormal or persistent redness, swelling, or a greenish discharge and odor, please immediately contact your physician.***
If you have any questions regarding your aftercare, please feel free to give us a call at (612) 323-7040.